Erasmus Scientific Days 2022
“Cooperation and research for Higher Education and innovation”
Marrakech, 17-18 October 2022
Mme Patricia Pilar
Ambassador of EU in Morocco
Pr. Abdelatif Miraoui
Minister of Higher Education, Scientific Research and Innovation
Pr. Mustapha Bousmina
Chancellor of Hassan II Academy
of Science and Technology
President of Euro-Med University
Pr. Moulay Lhassane Hbid
President of Cadi Ayyad University of Marrakech
The Erasmus+ Morocco National Office organizes in partnership with the Ministry of Higher Education, Scientific Research and Innovation, the EU Delegation to Morocco, the Conference of Universities Presidents (CPU), the first edition of the “Erasmus Scientific Days”, dedicated to high-level scientific exchange around the promotion of Higher Education and innovation. These days will take place on October 17 and 18, 2022 in Marrakech.
Erasmus Scientific Days are honorary chaired by their Excellencies: the Minister of Higher Education, Scientific Research and Innovation, The Ambassador of EU in Morocco and the Chancellor of Hassan II Academy of Science and Technology.
This international conference is open to all original research contribution from scholars, practitionners and Erasmus CB projects from around the world.
Selected original papers will be published in an indexed journal.
Participation is self-funded. No registration fees are applied for the Erasmus Scientific days 2022. The participation is only by registration (see below).
The “Erasmus Scientific Days” aim to:
– Bring together researchers and professors, university officials, institutions and organizations working for and with higher education in order to present innovative initiatives and research aimed at building and strengthening the capacities of institutions, staff, students and higher education graduates (completed or ongoing projects, studies, research work, etc.).
– Sharing knowledge around the areas of higher education, cooperation, mobility, internationalization and inclusion.
– Promote the results of Erasmus+ projects, identify and disseminate good practices, the articulation between projects and initiatives.
– Networking and strengthening partnerships for innovative perspectives in higher education.
– Respond to the challenges of higher education and scientific research.
– Strengthen the potential of transforming international networking into quality scientific research and good practice in educational training.
The event will feature a plenary session with keynote speakers, oral communications and posters.
– Exchange between researchers, practitioners and decision-makers, from Morocco, the South Mediterranean region, Africa, Europe and the World.
– Enriching the experience through by valorizing the research and the cooperation projects.
– Production of data and information.
– Identification and dissemination of good practices and research results.
– Networking and strengthening partnerships.
1- Education, training and labour skills
– Diversification of curricula and teaching.
– Improved student skills.
– Improving the skills of institutional staff.
– Entrepreneurship and Employability.
– Orientation, Validation of Acquired Experience (VAE) and lifelong training
– Pedagogical innovation, use of ICT and AI for teaching and governance.
– Quality assurance of modes of governance and innovative higher learning spaces.
– Socio-economic partnerships.
– Training programs for the environment and sustainable development.
– Professionalization and adequacy of the training to the expectations of the job market.
2- Academic mobility of students and staff in higher education
– National and institutional programs and policies, particularly aimed at broadening access to students from different backgrounds.
– Hybrid mobility.
– Recognition of qualifications, talents, skills, knowledge and skills for diversity.
– International strategic partnerships (Joint degrees, International accreditations, International rapprochement, etc.).
– Internationalization and regional integration / Structures dedicated to internationalization/ Internationalization at home/ International campus for learning, teaching and research.
– Development of foreign languages.
4- Inclusion / People with few opportunities in higher education
– National and institutional programs and policies, aimed at broadening access to students from different backgrounds.
CALL FOR PAPERS
Erasmus Scientific Days 2022 are open to participants who are interested in sharing their research, work, innovative initiatives and good practices. Their contribution should emphasize actions as mentioned in previous topics and reflect scientific research developed by teams engaged in cooperation projects or as results and impacts of Erasmus+ supported actions. The focus will be both on scientific results but also on successful initiatives that can give educators, researchers and stakeholders, ideas, good practices and more opportunities to transform the potential of networking into real actions in education and scientific research.
In addition to invited keynote speakers and round tables, we will be pleased to schedule oral and Poster presentation sessions.
* Oral presentations (full paper required)
The works selected for an oral presentation will be presented during the plenary sessions according to the themes selected. All communications will have a maximum duration of 15 minutes (10 minutes of presentation and 5 minutes of discussion).
* Poster presentations
Works selected for a poster presentation must be displayed on the first day of the event. An exhibition of the posters will be organized during the coffee breaks. On this occasion, poster authors will be invited to stand in front of their posters, in order to present their project and answer any questions. Recommended dimensions for posters: dimensions 90 cm high by 80 cm wide max /vertically designed.
The paper might be a research or a practical case study.
PUBLICATION OF SELECTED ARTICLES
The selected articles will subsequently be published in a special indexed issue (Instructional guidelines will follow soon).
INSTRUCTIONS TO AUTHORS
* General Instructions
1- Abstract submissions are made exclusively online using “EasyChair platform submission”.
2- The abstract and the communication will be in English.
3- The abstract must show the context of the research, the methodology and the results.
* Structure of the abstract
Authors who wish to submit an abstract must respect the following instructions:
– Text font: Times New Roman 12.
– Title (French and English), Times New Roman 14 bold with 1.5 line spacing
– Authors and affiliations (underline the main author).
– The last and first name of the authors must be in lower case and in bold the initials in upper case.
– The affiliation in Times New Roman 12 font in Italics with single spacing.
– Abbreviations must be defined before they are used.
– One-page maximum, single-spaced, Times New Roman font 12, margins 2.5.
The Scientific Committee reserves the right to refuse abstracts that do not meet the criteria.
– Launch of the call for applications: April 4th 2022.
– The submission will be done through : https://easychair.org/
– Abstract submission deadline: July 1st 2022 (You could submit at the same time the full paper)
– Notification on the acceptance of abstracts: July 31st 2022
– Deadline for submission of full papers: September 1st 2022
– Final acceptance : 10th september 2022
– Erasmus Scientific days: October 17 and 18th 2022 in Marrakech.